Investigation 12: Animal Behavior
Do sow bugs have a preference in their selection of habitat?
• To investigate the relationship between a model organism, (isopods), and its
response to different environmental conditions
• To design a controlled experiment to explore environmental factors that either attract
or repel isopods in the laboratory setting
• To analyze data collected in an experiment in order to identify possible patterns and
relationships between environmental factors and a living organism
• To work collaboratively with others in the design and analysis of a controlled
• To connect and apply concepts (With the isopods as the focal organism, your
investigation could pull together many topics, such as genetics, animal behavior,
development, plant and animal structures from cells to organs, cell communication,
Animal Behavior Lab- Group sign up and posted results and conclusion/discussion section for animal behavior investigation.