OK.. my bad....I did not attach the class Excel Spreadsheet. Will post 11/1. Mr. R
- I will investigate the relationship among surface area, volume, and the rate of diffusion.
- I will design experiments to measure the rate of osmosis in a model system.
- I will analyze the data collected in the experiments and make predictions about molecular movement through cellular membranes.
- I will work collaboratively to design experiments and analyze results.
- I will connect the concepts of diffusion and osmosis to the cell structure and function.
Diffusion and Osmosis
Procedure 1- graph data- write up a results and conclusion statement - be ready for discussion
Answer bullets for step 1 (answers to step 2 in PLF).
Procedure 2- Follow steps 1-3/graph data- write up a results and conclusion statement - be ready for discussion.
Answer all 6 bullets for procedure 2 (found before step 1). Answer questions to step 4 bullets.
- run investigation in class/answer questions to bullets 1-3
- follow step 1/answer step 1 questions
Go over water potential
Practice problems due Thursday BOP
HW: Thursday- PLF for step 2 pg 59:
Design an experiment to identify the concentrations of the sucrose solutions and use
the solutions to determine the water potential of the plant tissues. (You might want to
review the information on water potential described in Understanding Water Potential.)
Video: Plasmolysis in plants
Using computer simulations to build understanding of
Molecular movement and membranes
Nobel Lecture by Peter Agre(45 minutes)
Denmark uses osmosis to generate electricity
Lab manual- Student
|File Size:||5459 kb|