Ecological Connections Project- finish by next Tuesday BOP- 0-per go over as a class. Ecology quiz on Tuesday-includes grid-in type questions
Missing a few students for the phone tree.
Biogeochemical cycles presentation-four groups- divide up equally among members. - You will have 20 minutes tomorrow to draw cycles and prepare for presenting
Biogeochemical cycles presentation
Draw and be able to describe your assigned bio-geochemical cycles as it would work in your local ecosystem and then answer the 10 questions related to that biogeochemical cycle:
- Water cycle -modified questions
- Carbon cycle
- Nitrogen cycle
- Phosphorus cycle
1. ____ What are some ways that these molecules enter (i.e. inputs) and exit (i.e. outputs) this ecosystem?
2. ____ Are there reservoirs of these elements/molecules? If so explain where they are.
3. ____ What is/are the form(s) in which each chemical is available or used by organisms?
4. ____ Why are these elements or molecules of biological importance? (be specific!)
5. ____ What can affect the rate of this biogeochemical cycle?
6. ____ What are the key processes that drive the movement of each chemical through its biogeochemical cycle?
7. ____ Provide an example of a positive or negative feedback loop involving this cycle.
8. ____ Do these materials recycle locally (over short distances) or globally or both? Explain
9. ____ What factors affect the rate of biogeochemical cycling in your ecosystem?
10. ____ How have humans altered each of these biogeochemical cycles (be specific)? ____ What are (may) be consequences of these alterations?
Biology of the future- a pre activity for the presentation we will go to during 1st period.