I will be able to accurately evaluate a student's free response question using a given rubric.
I will be able to write a free response question Mathematical models and graphical representations are used to illustrate population growth patterns and interactions.
Evidence of student learning is a demonstrated understanding of each of the following:
I will understand that:
1.Reproduction without constraints results in the exponential growth of a population.
2. A population can produce a density of individuals that exceeds the system’s resource availability.
3. As limits to growth due to density-dependent and density independent factors are imposed, a logistic growth model generally ensues.
4. Demographics data with respect to age distributions and fecundity can be used to study human populations.
5. Competition for resources and other factors limits growth and can be described by the logistic model.
6. Competition for resources, territoriality, health, predation, accumulation of wastes and other factors contribute to density-dependent population regulation.
Ecological connections project; enter list of species encountered in Kimball Creek slough/riparian zone.- due today see Thursday blog for Google Doc link, see Mr. Rapin if you forgot your password and need it reset.
Ecological connections project - complete elements 1-30
Exam corrections due Friday- Write out question, correct answer and an explanation of why your answer was not correct.
Animal Behavior Lab Report due today: Please send me Google Doc Link- submit to Turnitin.com
Class ID: 7043854
Enrollment password: science!
Lecture on Population Ecology- guided notes