• I am able to describe specific examples of conserved core biological
processes and features shared by all domains or within one domain of life, and how these shared, conserved core processes and features support the concept of common ancestry for all organisms (1B1 & SP 7.2).
• I am able to justify the scientific claim that organisms share many conserved core processes and features that evolved and are widely distributed among organisms today (1B1 & SP 6.1).
• I am able to justify the scientific claim that free energy is required for living systems to maintain organization, to grow, or to reproduce, but that multiple strategies exist in different living systems (2A1 & SP 6.1).
• I am able to use representations to pose scientific questions about what mechanisms and structural features allow organisms to capture, store, and use free energy (2A2 & SP 1.4, SP 3.1).
• I am able to use representations and models to describe differences in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells (2B3 & SP 1.4).
• I am able to construct explanations based on scientific evidence as to how interactions of subcellular structures provide essential functions (4A2 & SP 6.2).
• I am able to apply mathematical routines to quantities that describe interactions among living systems and their environment, which result in the movement of matter and energy (4A6 & SP 2.2).
Go over investigation background-
Homework- complete modeling activity- print off student response sheet when completed.-link below
Designing and conducting your investigation.
PLF for your experimental design- due next Tuesday- BOP- include your procedure.
Video on syringe technique