- 10 points e.c. - summary of the following TED talko Venter- synthetic life
- Chapter 7 Review Due (wait on Chapter 8-Friday after next)
- Transpiration Lab Packet???
- FRQ- scored with commentary on what would be needed to raise your score to a 10
- Cell analogy project overview- presentations due Tues BOP
- FRQ: Transpiration investigation
Investigation 4: Diffusion and osmosis student lab manual page 51
Read background, learning objectives, and procedure 1 For "Designing and Conducting Your Investigation"- make a PLF- due Tuesday BOP
Cell structure presentations and cell analogy project
Essential learning :
The structure and function of subcellular components, and their interactions, provide essential cellular processes.
Research your assigned organelle, be sure that you include the following information about your organelle:
1. a detailed written description of your organelle.
2. a hand drawn diagram of this structure, including important labels and subcomponents essential to the functioning of this structure.
3. a detailed description and explanationof what the specific role of this organelle is within the cell ad its primary function (s).
4. what is known about the evolution of that structure- might check literature relating to endosymbiotic theory, hint …hint….
5. an interesting fact related to that structure
Step 2: Cell organelle presentations: each expert presents to their assigned group, group members listen and take notes for each presentation.
Step 3: synthesis
As a group come up with a system based analogy that includes all of your group’s organelle and brilliantly elucidates each of their roles in the overall function of that system and why your novel system relates to the inner working system of a cell.
- Cell membrane
- Endoplasmic reticulum(rough and smooth)
- Golgi complex
- Lysosomes include concept of apoptosis in presentation
2 CRITTENDEN, GUNNAR nucleus 2 DOLECKI, ELIZA cell membrane 2 ENGEN, JORDAN ribosomes 2 GANT, SEBASTIAN ER- rough and smooth 2 GOMERSALL, WESLEY Golgi complex 2 GRATE, KYLE mitochondria 2 HAGER, MADELINE lysosomes 2 KRAMER, WILL chloroplasts
3 MASSEY, RACHEL N. nucleus 3 MCCLELLAN, MCKENSI cell membrane 3 MOORE, TRISTAN ribosomes 3 MYERS, COURTNEY R. ER- rough and smooth 3 RASMUSSEN, ADRIENNA Golgi complex 3 SPARLING, SAMANTHA mitochondria 3 YOUNG, SYDNEY K. lysosomes