UW- Health sciences tour- must have permission form and payment- pay at finance window ($17).
Score Chapter 6 review- no Cliffs
Delay Chapter 7 review one week-
Did you post your data for the last investigation (solute type) in the class data sheet?
Read "Understanding water potential in class- Pages 52-53
Work on "Designing and conducting your own investigation" for Procedure 2- pg. 58
create a pre-lab flowchart for this investigation 1/carbon unit- due Tuesday BOP
Be ready to run investigation tomorrow.- post material needs for your group on the class Google sheet- under "lab groups" tab.
- Include a reflection for Ch 5 and include questions or elements you would like to review.- Due by Friday.
- conduct investigation in class
- include a write-up of your results and conclusions- be ready to discuss on Thursday
- Read over Procedure 3- pg 59- answer 7 bullet-ed questions due Thursday BOP
- Health -sciences tour/PSAT
- Work day-
Below is a great tutorial on Water Potential- Bozeman science Youtube
Osmosis power plants?
Saltwater power from geothermal wells - Denmark
"Designing and conducting your own investigation" for Procedure 3- pg 59-
- set up investigation - get innitial masses
- complete all bullet-ed questions for this section
- calculate % change for potato cores (is % change + or -???)
- order the solutions from lowest to highest solute concentration at end of lab bench.
- graph your group's potato core data
- solute concentration of potato tissue?????
- calculate water potential
- HW: answer 2 bulleted questions on top of page 54
- HW: handout- on water potential-
- Go Over/Turn in lab and
- Analyzing results questions- pg 60
- on Monday- BOP
- Review resources- go over framework posted in file at the bottom of this page