M/C- genetics packet Q 1-11- due tomorrow BOP
- Gradebook was updated this weekend- let me know of any discrepencies.
- M/C section of metabolism assessment passed out this Wednesday- you have until Jan 4 to do corrections option.(GI done- I'm working on the FRQs).
- Ch. 11 CH. Review due this Thursday- (Chapter 12 over break)
- Test your understanding (All Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3) This section is worth 24 points- includes genetic problems- be sure to show your work
Go Over Essential knowledge 3.a.2/3.a.3/3.a.4
Intro to Mendelian genetics- Lecture presentation below
Dihybrid crosses- Indian corn investigation - HW: Calculate Chi Square for class data-
Link to class spreadsheet
Genetic disorder research/presentation- Due January 5th- Google slideshow link :
Sign-up sheet (rubric- PDF below)
Great site for learning about genetics- University of Utah
Indian corn investigation-
- phenotypic ratios
- using the class data, calculate chi square - due Thursday BOP
Class practice- AP Biology Genetics Problems- practice WS
Incomplete dominance: 12-15
Dihybrid crosses: 16-22
Made-up samples: 23-24
Score Chapter Review-
Chi Square- follow up-
Go over AP Biology Genetics Problems- (WS)- 1-26
-(minus TYU Level II genetics problems- 15)
-TYU- Part II- 6-20 due Monday after break- show your work
- Recommended Genetics- related content for break!!
- reading assignment - Genetic Twists of Fate- Googling your DNA- Question packet
- read,write a summary of chapter
- identify key biological concepts involved in story
- include questions that emerged as you read this.- Be ready to discuss on Monday
Chapter 12 Review due - January 6th :)
-- TED Talk - discussion
NPR Article- podcast- on gene drive (posted Dec. 14).
|File Size:||65 kb|