test corrections option: due Friday
Score Animal Diversity; structure and function FRQ
score in class, reflection write-up
Stem cells and animal development
Part I: Pulse-Chase Primer-
Assignment : Pulse-Chase Primer- Due Tuesday BOP
Pulse-Chase Primer- checked off
1. Go over answer key (below) to check your predictions and reasoning for this activity.
2. go the Power Point presentation (below) titled stem cells and diabetes "the present"- include key notes on the back of the "Are adult pancreatic beta cells formed by self duplication or stem cell differentiation" handout.
3. Stem cells cloning and regeneration- lecture 1- chapters 31&32. (shown in class)
4. HW: "Are adult pancreatic beta cells formed by self-duplication or stem cell differentiation?"- due tomorrow BOP.
- have stamped off if finished
- check your answers (key below) include corrections-
- step 1- go the Power Point presentation (below) titled stem cells and diabetes "the future"- take key notes on this presentation.
- step 2 - open student 1 handout- pdf (below) - it is the same one you have but contains all of the interactive links and has colored images.
- step 3 - read background information for "Microarrays and stem cells handout" (pay attention to Figure 1- hint...hint:) view interactive videos.
- step 4 - complete activities on pages 3-17
Last 20 minutes - 10 point FRQ
Great Review For AP Biology exam!!: Bozeman science-
- Score Chapter Reviews and Cliffs /111pts
- Score FRQ on stem cells- /reflection
- Overview of AP Biology exam and recommended strategies
- HHMI bioarray assignment- go over key include corrections (Word doc file posted below) use different colored ink to show corrections- turn in all three HHMI packets on Monday BOP.
Monday: Practice AP Biology exam 10 pts. Q/E/SP- part I MC/
Tuesday: Practice AP Biology exam 10 pts. Q/E/SP- part II MC/Grid in and complete AP score correlation sheet- turn in
Wednesday: Earth Day presentation
Thursday: Intro to human systems presentations
Earth Day presentation (2 days before Earth Day)
- EK 2.D.3: Biological systems are affected by disruptions to their dynamic homeostasis
- Part b: Illustrative examples of how disruptions to ecosystems impact the dynamic homeostasis or balance of the ecosystem.
- EK 4.B.4: Distribution of local and global ecosystems changes over time- Illustrative examples of how human impact accelerates change at local and global levels
- Environmental Scientist
- Owner and CEO of Adventure Travel company that began concept of EcoTrekking in the Himalayas.
- Senior Compliance Investigator for the United States Environmental Protection Agency (30 years)
- Author of EPA Inspector/Investigator inspector training manual. 9th edition and dozens of languages
- United Nations and World Bank Advisor on Environmental Compliance and Enforcement
- Science Teacher on the Navajo Reservation for 9 years.
- Author of the Blue Marble Report (click on this hyperlink for the recent edition)
- Major contributor to planet experts
Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Presentation-