• to investigate the relationship among surface area, volume, and the rate of diffusion
• to design experiments to measure the rate of osmosis in a model system
• to investigate osmosis in plant cells
• to design an experiment to measure water potential in plant cells
• to analyze the data collected in the experiments and make predictions about molecular movement through cellular membranes
• to work collaboratively to design experiments and analyze results
• to connect the concepts of diffusion and osmosis to the cell structure and function
Did you complete the Essential Learnings for cells? I need your feedback.....!..!
Go through the Molecular Workbench visual interactive simulations (1-11) and related activities on Diffusion, Osmosis, and Active Transport.
Click here to go to this site, then click on the diffusion icon to download the molecular workbench program onto your computer:
DIFFUSION AND OSMOSIS
Go over water potential.
Set up for potato core investigation-
Questions for other investigation designs- 2 PLF's