• To create cladograms that depict evolutionary relationships
• To analyze biological data with a sophisticated bioinformatics online tool
• To use cladograms and bioinformatics tools to ask other questions of your own and to test your ability to apply concepts you know relating to genetics and evolution
“The Evolution of Flight in Birds”
Turn in corrections to case study: Tree thinking
Comparing DNA Sequences to Understand Evolutionary Relationships with BLAST.
On your own sheet of cellulose:
Page 43- Getting started parts 1&2 (all)
Go through BLAST procedure- pg. 45
- The three files you will use for the gene sequences are found below.
- answer all questions for the "Analyzing Results " section- pg. 48
- read/answer "Evaluating Results" section- page 49
- Read/answer "Designing and Conducting Your Investigation" section- page 49-50. Investigate two genes of interest-
Due Tomorrow BOP